Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Beginning...


Yep you guessed it! It means we are gonna have a baby! That's how many test it took to convince me on  November 3, 2010 that I was pregnant. Josh and I were beyond excited, surprised, and overwhelmed at the thought of becoming parents. EXCITED because we had tried for almost a year to get pregnant, SURPRISED because of the timing, and OVERWHELMED because we were at the time living in a LITERAL one room apartment! That Wednesday I had gotten sick on a salad  that I had eaten for lunch. However, that wasn't the first time. I had been getting sick the last few days so I had gone the night before and bought a pregnancy test. I was scared to take it that night because for the last year I had taken a half a dozen and they had all been negative and I didn't want to be let down again.  I decided to wait to see if I felt sick again. Well it happened again so during nap time at school (I was a teachers assistant in kindergarten at this time) I texted Josh and told him to pick me up so we could go home. Well he did and less then 10 minutes later we found out we were going to be parents! We kept this a secret for almost three weeks so we could tell our families in person at Thanksgiving. That was one of the hardest things we had to do!! Needless to say, Josh was not as good as I was keeping the secret. The week after we found out, Josh went to the Wilds with some of our high school students. While Josh was there he was bursting at the seems and ended up telling one of the teenagers and a stranger in the bookstore that he was going to be a daddy! He was already a proud father! 
I was 8 weeks along when we found out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what ya think!