Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 14, 2011

         On June 19,2011 God brought Lynlee Jewel Evans into our world on Fathers Day! I cannot even begin to put into words how this life changing experience impacted my life. I used to tell people "I wish I could relive my wedding day over and over again." Well now I tell them "I wish I could live Lynlee's birth over and over again." Despite all the pain and hardships throughout my pregnancy and delivery, looking into this little girls eyes made it all worth it.
          It all began the day before around 3 pm. Josh and I had just finished a car wash with our teens from the Grove. I was lying on the couch resting while Josh mowed the yard. Shortly after falling asleep I woke up with horrible cramps. Not wanting to alarm Josh I told him I wasn't feeling good so I went to take a shower. For the next 30 minutes I secretly timed the cramps realizing that I could possibly be in labor. After about 45 minutes I came into the living room and proceeded to tell Josh: "Don't freak out but I think I'm having contractions." His response of course was to freak out and ask: "What does this mean?" I responded, "Well I'm pretty sure it means I'm in labor!" Of course I had already packed mine and Lynlee's bag for the hospital since I was supposed to be induced the next Wednesday. However, Josh had not. He then  began frantically packing and getting the car ready in case this was the real thing. Around 5:30 Josh and I decided it was time to head to the hospital since my contractions were now between 5-6 minutes apart.
         To make an already long story short after and hour at the hospital, one of the resident MALE doctors was going to send me home in my excruciating pain because I was only 2 1/2 cm dilated even though my contractions were 4 minutes apart. (He clearly had no idea how painful these things were!) My only option was to walk around for an hour and then see if I was dilated any more. Thank the Lord my water broke thirty minutes into my walk!! They were now going to admit me!! 
      Well the next few hours was a mix of many different emotions and events. I began to progress so fast that my epidural did not work. I jumped from 2 1/2cm to 8 cm in an hour. Finally after three tries my epidural kicked in and I was finally able to relax and I began feeling great (at least for 30 minutes until it was time to push). Thankfully Josh's parents made it just in time, right before I began pushing. Unfortunately my parents, 2 sisters,  grandmother, and sister n law were not going to make it from FL in time since I had progressed so quickly. :( After an hour and a half of pushing the greatest earthly gift God could give me and Josh was delivered at 1:29 am, and I can tell you today that I would go through it all again just for her!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what ya think!