Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 27, 2011

         For the second time this week I am up with pain in my back. It is 5:02am and I have been up since 1 o'clock. After trying so many different things to get relief I finally opened Josh's computer to listen to music to help me fall asleep, and I came across this song that I had found a few weeks back. As I sit here with my baby girl next to my bed listening to this song I can't help but focus on her and begin to wonder why God has blessed me with one of the most precious gifts He gives. Sometimes I feel so unworthy for God to entrust something so precious to me. As I sit here and watch her sleep I wonder what she will be like as she grows up. Will she go through heartbreak? What sports will she play? What will she be when she grows up? What will her likes and dislikes be? Then I begin to start to worry about what she will face as a teenager. Oh I can't imagine what this world will be like! What temptations will she face? The types of peer pressure she will endure. Will her faith and relationship with God be strong enough to withstand the temptations and trials she will go through? And then I listen to this song again and it comforts me knowing God will be with her through every stage of her life. Even as a two month old He watches over her. Despite the pain I am in, I am comforted by the thoughts and prayer in this song. I wanted to share this with all the other mothers that may worry about the same things I do. I hope this is an encouragement.


Note: I encourage you not to watch the video as you listen to the song. Rather read the lyrics as you listen. Enjoy...

A Mother's Prayer
by Rachel Aldous

My sweet baby on loan from above.
No better treasure could I more love.
I stand here beside your bed as I pray
I lay my hand on your head and I say:

May you grow up to serve Him
all of your days.
May He lead you and guide you
in all of your ways.
May His hand bless your future with
friendships that last.
May you cherish your youth
and not grow up too fast

I stare in wonder at your tiny frame.
Just to think that God knows you by name.
He knows every hair on your beautiful head.
He knows all your thoughts before they are said.

May you grow up to serve Him
all of your days
May He lead you and guide you
in all of your ways.
May His Hand bless your future with
friendships that last.
May you cherish your youth
and not grow up too fast.

Prayer:
May God grant you peace
in the midst of a storm.
May God give you strength even
when you’re forlorn.
May you answer the door when
Jesus comes knocking.
May wisdom guide you when
your mouth is talking.
May discretion protect you
and keep you pure.
May you never stumble
or fall for a lure.
May your heart remain humble
to the very end.
May uprightness and truth
be what you defend.
May the world not ensnare
or change who you are.
May the light that's within you
shine like the stars.
May angels surround you
body, spirit, mind.
May favor and peace be yours to find.
May rejection and pain
never reach you.
May your spirit grow bold 
for what you’re called to.
As you rest in God’s care I will rest, too.
Knowing that Jesus is watching over you.
Amen

 

1 comment:

  1. Abby....this song is amazing! I had never heard it before but I was in tears listening to it. Thank you for sharing this with us! Your baby girl is beautiful! I pray blessings upon you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what ya think!